Henderson Summer Feeding Program to Kick Off May 24th
Henderson County Schools want to make sure that students off school for the summer still have nutritious meals. They will be hosting a “Summer Feeding Kickoff” this Friday, May 24th at the North Middle School Football Field located at 1707 Second Street. According to a Facebook Post from the City of Henderson, the meal program will take place from 10am-1pm that day and will include free lunch, a petting zoo, jump house and more!
Over the course of the remainder of the summer the Henderson County Summer Feeding Program will take place Mondays through Fridays, May 28th to June 28th and again from July 8th to July 26th. The program is free to children 18 and younger and will include free breakfast and free lunch at the following locations:
- Audubon Kids Zone: Breakfast, 8:30 a.m.; Lunch, Noon.
- Bend Gate Elementary: Breakfast, 8:45 a.m.; Lunch, 12:45 p.m.
- East Heights Elementary: Breakfast, 8 a.m.; Lunch, 11 a.m.
- John F. Kennedy Community Center: Lunch, Noon.
- North Middle School: Breakfast, 7:30 a.m.; Lunch, 11:30 a.m.
- Thelma B. Johnson Early Learning Center: Breakfast, 9 a.m.; Lunch, Noon.
- Henderson County High School: Breakfast, 7:30 a.m.; Lunch, 11:30 a.m.
- Henderson County Family YMCA: Breakfast, 8 a.m.; Lunch, 11:30
Additional locations and times will be announced later. If you need additional information about the Summer Feeding Program, you can call the HCS Child Nutrition Department at (270) 831-5014.