“Trail of Treats” in Owensboro Canceled for This Year
As October begins next week, questions about how Halloween would be celebrated in the era of COVD-19, we have an answer from Owensboro city officials.
The 31st annual "Trail of Treats" scheduled for October 29th in downtown Owensboro has been canceled for this year. The decision was made in consultation with the Green River District Health Department.
Door-to-door trick or treating on Halloween night, which will fall on a Saturday this year, will be allowed but city officials are asking citizens to follow certain safety guidelines.
– general trick-or-treating hours are 5-8 p.m.
– do not approach homes with lights turned off
– limit trick-or-treating groups to no more than 10 people
– distribute pre-packaged treats only (nothing homemade)
– wear face coverings if 6 ft. social distance cannot be maintained
– wash/sanitize your hands before eating any treats/candies
– be courteous to those around you by maintaining at least 6 ft. social distance