How To Make Cousin Eddie’s Bourbon & Rum Eggnog
You may have the famous moose glasses, now you can have the recipe!
Christmas Vacation is THE Christmas movie of all time, at least in my world it is. The famous moose eggnog glasses from Christmas Vacation and cousin Eddie are well known parts of the classic moments, now you can make the eggnog that everyone is enjoying! Your guests are sure to feel pretty festive after trying it.
1. Combine eggs, sugar, salt and milk over medium heat, stirring continuously for 10-12 minutes, or until the mixture can coat the back of a spoon.
2. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
3. Fill a larger bowl halfway with ice water. Lower the bottom of the saucepan into the ice water dish to cool the egg mixture for about 5 minutes.
4. Place egg mixture in the refrigerator to chill, about 20 minutes.
5. Once chilled, add whipped cream, rum and bourbon to egg mixture, stirring to combine.
6. Pour into cups and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve.
What you need:
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
2 2/3 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. Cool Whip or Whipped Cream
1/2 c. spiced rum
1/3 c. bourbon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Alternative and easier approach:
Buy a really good quality eggnog and fancy it up yourself. Add the spiced rum of choice, the bourbon, the nutmeg and vanilla. Top with fresh whipped cream and BOOM the whole family is wasted.