It’s Friday the 13th! Don’t Do These Things Today!
Beware of Friday the 13th! Many people think that this day is the unluckiest day of all the year! Here's some common superstitions and myths about today:
FRIDAY THE 13TH SUPERSTITIONS AND MYTHS:
- Breaking a mirror on this day could bring 7 years of bad luck.
- Beginning a trip on Friday the 13th could make someone encounter misfortune.
- If somebody cuts her/his hair, someone in the family might die.
- Ships that set sail on Friday the 13th will have bad luck.
- If a funeral procession passes a person on Friday the 13th, that person could be next to die.
- A child born on Friday the 13th will be unlucky for life.
- If a black cat crosses someone on Friday the 13th, then it could bring bad luck.
- Walking under a ladder could bring bad luck on this day.
Friggatriskaidekaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th which is also called paraskavedekatriaphobia. People who don't mind Friday, but fear the number 13, have what is known as triskaidekaphobia.
Am I superstitious? No, not really. I can't think of anything that I would avoid doing today. How about you?
If there are any other "Friday the 13th" superstitions that we didn't mention, please share with us! And by all means, try to have a Happy Friday the 13th!