Evansville Heavy Trash Pickup Underway Through October [MAP]
If you spent any portion of your summer remodeling, or just cleaning out all that old junk you've been holding to for whatever reason, the City of Evansville will once again not only take care of it for you, they'll come to your house and get it during the annual Fall Heavy Trash cycle beginning this Monday, August 14th.
According to the City of Evansville website, there are certain items they will take during the service, and some they won't. Items they will gladly take include:
- Carpet (Must be rolled in sections no longer than 4 ft. and no wider than 2 ft. in diameter)
- Furniture (sofas, tables, chairs, mattresses and box springs, etc.)
- Appliances (stoves, refrigerators, washing machines, clothes dryers and water heaters etc., Limit two of each type of appliance per household)
- Building materials/construction debris (Must be in trash cans, boxes, etc. of such size and weight that they can be reasonably lifted by two average adults, and all nails must be removed.)
- Privacy fence sections (Must be cut in half or smaller manageable size)
Items they WON'T take include:
- Electronics (televisions, stereos, or computers and accessories)
- Concrete blocks, bricks or steel poles
- Automobile parts
- Hazardous materials
- Any trash that Republic Service would pick up as part of its regular residential waste collection contract
Check out the interactive map below to find out when you need to have your junk ready to be picked up.
[Source: City of Evansville]