Evansville Couple Wins MY Big Fat 80’s Wedding – To Exchange Vows On-Air
We are so excited to announce the winning couple of The 4th Annual MY Big Fat 80's Wedding - Presented by Ruler Foods and New Harmony Inn Resort and Conference Center.
Ladies and gentlemen...The winning couple is...Rachel and Chris! Rachel submitted their love story literally at the last minute and it paid off. Not only are we taking care of the wedding details they are picking up quite a lot of prizes, too!
MY Big Fat 80s Wedding Package
- Since there's no such thing as a grocery registry (not that I'm aware of), Ruler Foods by Kroger will help get your married life started on the right foot with $500 worth of gift cards.
- Spend some quality time with your new spouse with a staycation getaway to the New Harmony Inn Resort and Conference Center (a 2-night stay).
- Pick out the perfect wedding ring with a $1,000 gift certificate from Turley's Jewelers.
- Celebrate the big occasion with a cake from Piece of Cake Bakery.
- A $50 gift certificate for The Washtub Therapeutic Wellspring.
Rachel & Chris's Love Story
"My fiance and I have been together for 28 years in November of this year. We have a 12 yr old (soon to be 13) son together. We met in the '90s while working together at Venture (where the home store is now). We have always wanted to get married, but life has always had other plans. It's been a rough past 6 years since my father passed away. I wanted him to walk me down the aisle, with him gone I just wasn't sure I could do it. We are HUGE 80's fans! An 80's wedding would suit us to a tee!"
The event will be BIG, and we will be announcing some exciting news about that very soon.
Just in case your invitation to the wedding gets lost in the mail, you're still invited to watch and/or listen to this year's ceremony. We will broadcast it live on MY105.3 and it will be live on the MY105.3 Facebook page. We will also share the video on our YouTube channel once it's all said and done.