Can I Bring My Pet to the Fall Festival?
Every year, there is a little bit of confusion about whether or not you can bring pets to the West Side Nut Club Fall Festival.
Franklin Street is a public place, but when the Fall Festival is happening, the rules change. According to the City of Evansville Animal Control, there is an ordinance that speaks specifically about festivals.
6.05.160 Animals prohibited from certain public gatherings
(A) No person shall bring, or maintain in his possession or control, any animal to any public gathering of 500 or more persons upon any public property without permission from the City board having jurisdiction over said property. Permission shall be given by such board only in the following circumstances:
(1) The vertebrate animal is to participate in some aspect of the event; and
(2) The vertebrate animal does not present a threat to the public health, safety or welfare.
(B) This section shall not apply to:
(1) Handicapped persons who have need of a specially trained dog to safely and effectively carry out their activities;
(2) Events on private property; or
(3) City, County, State, or Federal law enforcement officers while acting as such.
(C) Any person who violates the provisions of this section shall be subject to a fine of $25.00 for each violation. Each day a violation occurs may be a separate violation. Additionally, any person who violates this section shall immediately and safely remove the vertebrate animal from the public gathering. [1983 Code § 9.90.52.]
Basically, if you have a service animal, you can bring it. Pets will be allowed at the Pet Parade, because they are in the event. If your pet is not well behaved during the parade, you could be asked to leave.
Find all things Fall Festival HERE