12 Indiana Bands Compete in Bands of America Grand National Championships Nov. 8 – 10 in Indy
The marching band competition season isn't over just yet, at least for one local high school who will be competing with 110 bands from 23 states at the Bands of America Grand National Championships at the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy.
Here's a list of the 12 Indiana high school marching bands that will be competing:
- Avon High School
- Carmel High School
- Castle High School
- Center Grove High School
- Columbus North High School
- Fishers High School
- Goshen High School
- Greenfield Central High School
- Homestead High School
- Lawrence Central High School
- Lewis Cass High School
- Monrovia High School
High school marching bands will compete from these 23 states: Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, and West Virginia.
The Grand National Championships Schedule:
- Thursday, November 8 - Preliminary competition at 7:45 am - 11:15 pm
- Friday, November 9 - Preliminary competition continues - 7 am - 8:15 pm
- Saturday, November 10 - Gates open at 6:30 am for Semi-Finals with only 30 bands advancing. Performances will begin at 7 am - 4:45 pm.
- Saturday, November 10 - Gates open at 6:30 pm for Finals with only the top 12 bands. Performances begin at 8 pm. Grand National Champion will be announced after competition.
During the 3-day event, six college marching bands will perform in exhibition including:
- Ball State University
- Marian University
- Michigan State University
- Tennessee State University
- University of Toledo
- West Chester University
Tickets for the Grand National Championships are available at Ticketmaster.com or at the Lucas Oil Stadium ticket office.
Let's all wish Castle High School Marching Knights GOOD LUCK at the BOA's. #MarchingBandsRock #GoodLuckCastleMarchingKnights