Monks In Evansville Creating World Peace Sand Mandala
The monks from Tashi Kyil Monastery in Dehra Dun, India are in Evansville August 19th-23rd creating the World Peace Sand Mandala at the University of Evansville in the John Wesley Gallery, lower level of Neu Chapel. This Mandala will take several days to construct and the schedule for viewing the Sand Mandala is:
• Sunday, August 19th, 12:00 noon: Opening Ceremony
Monks will be creating Sand Mandala until 5:00pm.
• Monday, August 20th, 10am-5pm: Sand Mandala
• Tuesday, August 21st, 10am-5pm: Sand Mandala
• Wednesday, August 22nd, 10am-5pm: Sand Mandala
• Thursday, August 23rd, 10am-12:00noon: Sand Mandala
• Thursday, August 23rd, 12:00noon: Closing Ceremony and Sand Mandala Deconstruction. On to Ohio River to ceremonially disperse sand into the river to spread healing energies of the Mandala throughout the world.
I attended this ceremony in 2016 and it was a beautiful experience.
More info at: https://www.facebook.com/monktour2018/
This event coincides with the first week of classes at the university so the following instructions for parking may come in handy: Feel free to park on available street parking or in the UE parking lot on the corner of Rotherwood and Walnut, "Lot N" on the campus map (link below).