Indiana State Police Currently Accepting Applications for 83rd Recruit Academy
Now through March 27, 2022, Indiana State Police is accepting applications for the 83rd Recruit Academy. Only the first 200 qualifying applicants will be accepted.
Applicants Must Pass a Number of Tests
To be accepted into the Recruit Academy, applicants must be able to pass a physical ability test, a written examination, and an oral interview, in addition to a polygraph examination, and a background investigation.
Apply Before the Deadline
If you're interested in applying for the opportunity to become an Indiana State Trooper will need to start by applying online. Your application will need to be submitted by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on March 27, 2022. Any application submitted after that time will not be considered for the 83rd Recruit Academy.
What Is The Annual Salary?
During their time in academy training, an Indiana State Police Recruit will earn a starting salary of trainee salary of $47,000. Once academy training has been completed, starting probationary salary for an Indiana State Trooper is $51,000 per year. Other benefits include health care, pension, and more.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
Before you apply, it is a good idea to make sure that you actually qualify for the position. To be eligible to apply to be an Indiana State Trooper an applicant must,
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 21 and less than 40 years of age when appointed as a police employee. (Appointment date is December 15, 2022)
- Must meet a minimum vision standard (corrected or uncorrected) of 20/50 acuity in each eye and 20/50 distant binocular acuity in both eyes.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to operate an automobile.
- Must be willing, if appointed, to reside and serve anywhere within the State of Indiana as designated by the Superintendent.
- Must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
How Do I Apply?
If you are interested in applying for the 83rd Recruit Academy, you can fill out the application online here as well as learn more about the career, including benefits, pension, how the selection process works, and more.