DIY Peppermint Mochas/Peppermint Hot Chocolate [Recipe]
I love chocolate. And, I love peppermint. In fact, yesterday they made it a National Day (#ChocolateMintDay) So, here's a do-it-yourself for Peppermint Mochas/Hot Chocolate.
I guess I'm a huge fan of anything chocolate and mint. I love Junior Mints, York Peppermint patties, Girl Scout mint cookies, and more. Here's a DIY you may like to try that has simple ingredients and is soooo good!
Drink Hack for restaurant/store bought Peppermint Mochas or Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup skim milk (or any milk of your choosing)
- Hershey's syrup - no need to measure - just keep pouring - haha! About 2 tablespoons or more (substitute dry chocolate mix like Nestle's or Hershey's)
- Shot of coffee (omit if you prefer to make a PHC)
- 1 tsp. chopped up candy canes or 1 hard peppermint candy. (Save the mints you grab at the restaurant's for your drink!)
- Whipped cream (may substitute marshmallows if you didn't stock up the frig with whipped cream. Or you may omit)
- chocolate shavings for topping (grated chocolate bar) (may omit)
Pour milk into microwavable container along with the chocolate and coffee and heat in the microwave for about 2 - 3 minutes. Remove and stir after heating. Add peppermint. Stir again. Add whipped cream or marshmallows if desired, along with chocolate shavings for topping.
Simply said: it's a hot chocolate or mocha with some peppermint candy in the bottom of the cup! Enjoy your Peppermint Mocha or Peppermint Hot Chocolate!