Newburgh Heavy Trash Pickup Set for June 12th
Newburgh residents looking to finally ditch that old couch or busted washing machine will get their chance during heavy trash pickup on Tuesday, June 12th.
The Town of Newburgh recently announced the pickup date on their Facebook page. The service is for "all residents within the city limits of Newburgh." If you're unsure if fall within those limits (like me who just moved to the Newburgh area last summer), call the Newburgh Town Hall at 812-853-1720 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items that will be picked up include:
- Indoor/Outdoor Furniture
- Box springs
- Water heaters
- Building Material and Construction Debris
- All material and debris must be in a container and weigh no more than 75 lbs. Containers must be strong enough to hold the contents without breaking apart, even when wet.
- Carpet must be rolled and bundled and cut into 4 ft. lengths.
The announcement notes that refrigerators and freezers will be picked up separately and only if the refrigerants have been removed and tagged by a professional.
There are several items that will not be collected as part of the service. Those are:
- Automobile parts, batteries
- Paint and other hazardous liquids
- Any item longer than 8 feet
- Yard Waste
The town asks you put all heavy trash items in the same place where you put your trash cans during normal pickup. For safety concerns, they also ask you don't set the items out any earlier than 24 hours before pickup day.
[Source: Town of Newburgh via Facebook]