WHS Opens Thurs, May 28th – Here Are Some Adoptable Pets & Reopen Guidelines
I don't think I could have made it this far without my little buddy Bruiser. He has entertained my daughter and is a great snuggle buddy. Plus, he's the only other living creature here during the day while I'm working - well, besides the cat but he sleeps all day so he doesn't count. Having a dog in my life has been one of my greatest pleasures. Having a cat - well, again he hides out and sleeps most of the time. We see him when he's hungry! If you are thinking I too need a cuddle buddy, you aren't alone! And good news, the Warrick Humane Society is opening back up tomorrow, Thursday, May 28, 2020!
Who is ready to meet their new best friend? WHS is re-opening the shelter on Thursday, May 28th for adoptions, by appointment only! The shelter has a plan in place to help keep everyone safe, while giving individuals and families the opportunity to make an addition to their home! Here is what you need to know:
- Adoptions are by appointment only – please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you’re interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warrick Tails on Trails will be starting up soon! Please watch their Facebook page for details!
Now, you'll need to pick the perfect pet. Here are some of the adoptable ones at WHS!
WHS Adoptable Pets of the Week
Cute Pet Inspired Face Masks
Family Rescues Mother Opossum & Her Eight Babies