Several Large Rummage & Neighborhood Sales Are Happening in Owensboro (PHOTOS)
Over the next few weeks, the Owensboro area will be a bargain hunter's dream come true. If you have children especially you need to get in on this very vital shopping information.
Thoroughbred Acres Neighborhood Sale will take place Friday, September 4, and Saturday, September 5.
Thoroughbred Acres will also have J's Good Grub set up from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday, September 5. Location to be announced. Thoroughbred Acres is located off Carter Road.
Town & Country Neighborhood Sale is the weekend of September 19th on that Saturday. The subdivision is located off Tamarack Road behind the old Texas Gas building.
If you head to the Town & Country Subdivision make sure you find a parking spot on the outskirts of the neighborhood. The further back you park the hard it is to get in and out. I have seen a lot of people use rolling carts and fold up wagons to help carry their items. You could even park centrally and make sure you wear your comfy walking shoes.
The very next weekend our Women's Ministry Blessed Vessels will be hosting a Kid's Rummage Sale. Kid's clothes for $.50 and $.25 and a bag sale too.
This will be a great opportunity for families to load up on bargains at super great deals.
And as I posted earlier in the summer about Rummage/Yard/Garage Sales:
I have several pet peeves when it comes to yard selling whether you are having a sell or attending one there are many do's and don'ts you need to follow to be successful.
To the Seller
10. Please do not sell your dirty, stained undies in a 10 cent bin. I'll give you a dollar not to sell them.
9. It is a yard sale if it is in your yard and a garage sale if in your garage the two cannot be interchanged.
8. One table of knick-knacks, two 1980's prom dresses, and a lawnmower is not a sale. I will just drive past mad off because I wasted gas.
7. Please do not sell half-empty bottles of lotion, makeup or used lipstick for $1. I MEAN REALLY! Those go in the free box which we will discuss later.
6. You are not a Justice/Gap kids franchise do not price your kid's clothes that way. Stains and smells do not up the value.
5. Clinique/make-up freebies should be free do not try and sell them for full price.
4. Your kids are precious but please teach them how to make kool-aid. 2 cups sugar 1 part water 1 packet of kool-aid clean pitcher! I will buy that deliciousness all day :)
3. Please take personal photos out of frames. Some faces only a family could love.
2. Videotapes yes I said videotapes are outdated price them as such. $5 for Pee wee's Big Adventure is a little much.
1. Lastly, when I ask you if you'll come down in price on an item I do not want the life story of how much you paid for it and how you can't part with it for less than so much. And the only reason you're selling it is that it doesn't match your new stuff. Guess what? If you don't sell it at the end of the day it still isn't gonna match COME OFF IT ALREADY! You are not Hobby Lobby.
To the Buyer
8. Yes this is all the stuff I have. Do you see anymore?
7. If my sign says the sale is 7a-12p it means just that! Please do not peek inside my garage at 530a or you may get more than you bargained for.
6. Do not stay an hour looking and then take something from the free box and leave.
5. No my yard furniture is not for sale do you see a price tag!?
4. This is not a grab bag sale. Buy or go.
3. I do not remember the life history of my lawnmower you put gas in it and it cuts grass that's the long and short of it. Pretty simple.
2.No I do not have change for a hundred if I did would I be having a yard sell!?
1. YES, MY DOG BITES!