Here’s Something to Celebrate Today – January 24th
Here are 3 things you can celebrate on this Thursday, January 24th!
It's National Compliment Day, National Beer Can Appreciation Day, and National Peanut Butter Day today!
Why not compliment someone at work today or someone in your family or a friend? Spread some good cheer and of course be sincere and honest when you're telling that person just how much you appreciate them, or what a great job they've done, or something you admire about them, etc. (This shouldn't be one day out of the year to compliment someone!)
It's also National Beer Can Appreciation Day. Mike, my husband, used to be an avid beer can collector along with his brother in their younger years. Did you know?
- 1935, the Cone-Top beer cans were introduced by the G. Heilemann Brewing Company, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- 1963 - Pull-Tab cans or pop tops were introduced by the Pittsburgh Brewing Company with Iron City Beer
- 1975 - Stay Tabs were introduced by the Falls City Brewing Company, Louisville, KY to help the environment from pull-tabs.
And finally, it's National Peanut Butter Day! Who didn't grow up eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Creamy or chunky, peanut butter can be found in lots of things: fudge, Reese's peanut butter cups, in pies, cakes, desserts, and more. It's still a very popular American staple today.
- Peanut butter was introduced in 1922 by Joseph Rosefield
- Joseph sold his patent of homogenization that kept peanut oil from separating from the peanut solids to a company that made Peter Pan peanut butter.
- Began his own business selling Skippy peanut butter.
- Supplied peanut butter during World War II
Source: National Day Calendar