Ellis Park Set to Open Today 6/8/20, Here’s What You Need to Know
Kentucky moves into the next phase of the Healthy at Work reopen plan today, June 8, 2020. That's exciting news for Ellis Park. Live horse racing will not be able to begin until at least June 28, 2020, but Historical Horse Racing gaming can begin today at 10:00 A.M. Ellis Park officials have been working behind the scenes to make sure their patrons are protected from COVID-19.
- Ellis Park employees have been tested for COVID-19
- All Employees and guests will have their temperature checked
- Employees must wear face mask coverings
- Face mask coverings are highly encouraged, but not mandatory for guests
- Capacity is 33%
- Gaming Terminals are set up for social distancing, with every third game on
- Sneeze guards have been installed
- Social Distancing signage must be followed
- No one that is sick will be allowed in. This policy is for guests and employees
The Dade Park Grill will be open, and the clubhouse bar will serve drinks, but there will be no bar seating. When horse track betting begins on Wednesday, the tables will be spaced 6 feet apart and only 2 people will be allowed into the elevator at a time.
Horses will be able to move in today, as well, but trainers will need an appointment. Stall Manager J.J. Gloria can set that up for you by calling 270-454-2361.
Ellis Park still has several Regular and Seasonal PT positions. Apply Here