25 Minutes or Less: Cinnamon Cookies Everyone Will Love
RECIPE OF THE DAY: SATURDAY DECEMBER 21, 2019
WHY WE LOVE IT: Make this recipe in 25 minutes or under.
TOTAL INGREDIENTS: 9
MAKE IT FOR: The holiday party. Surprise your family and friends. (They won't believe these are actually vegan!)
SPECIAL NOTE: Use Earth Balance butter for baking. (If you need to start prep the day before or order ingredients online, we will let you know that here. Otherwise, assume the dish can be shopped, prepped and served the same day with readily available ingredients.)
Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
- -1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- -1/2 cup white sugar
- -1/4 cup brown sugar
- -1 tsp vanilla extract
- -1 tsp cream of tartar
- -1 tsp of baking soda
- -1 tsp ground cinnamon
- -1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- -2-4 tbsp applesauce
- ***for rolling: 2 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375F/190C.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Whisk in the vanilla extract, cream of tartar, baking soda, and cinnamon, then sift in the flour. Add applesauce as needed (one tablespoon at a time) and mix until a firm dough forms.
- Roll the dough into balls.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon for rolling. Roll each piece of dough in the mixture and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and let cool in the pan before removing to a wire rack. Enjoy!