Top 10 Ways to Help Your Dry Skin During the Winter Months
Ol' Man Winter and me just don't get along for a number of reasons including my dry, itchy skin during these months. Even after constant moisturizing and going through bottles of lotions, I've still got flaky, itchy skin!
If your skin is suffering too, here's the Top 10 Tips to Better Healthy Winter Skin.
- Invest in a Humidifier to maximize moisture
- Lower the Thermostat to avoid dryness
- Limit Shower time and temperature
- Choose gentle, fragrance-free cleaners
- Modify your facial skin-care regimen for the season
- Moisturize frequently, especially your hands.
- Apply sunscreen, even on gray winter days
- Wear appropriate, comfortable, nonirritating clothing
- Eat right and stay hydrated
- Change out of wet clothes quickly to avoid itchy skin
I know I could use some of these tips to help me! I hope you find this information helpful and a great reminder to get you (and me) through the winter months here in the Tri-State. And, another tip - use "Creams" instead of lotions for extra moisturizing in the winter.
Please visit: Everyday Health's website. Learn more by clicking HERE.