TIME Magazine Names 2018 Person of the Year
For the second year in a row, the TIME magazine Person of the Year is actually not just one person but a several persons. The group recognized for 2018 are journalists who have been killed or imprisoned in pursuit of the truth. They are being referred to as 'The Guardians.' This comes on the heels of the 2017 winners, a group of women called 'The Silence Breakers.' You may remember them as the leaders of the anti-harassment #Me Too movement.
Other candidates for the 2018 person of the year included...
- Christine Blasey Ford
- Black Panther director Ryan Coogler
- March For Our Lives Activists
- Meghan Markle
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in
- Special counsel Robert Mueller (3rd place this year)
- Russian President Vladimir Putin
- Separated Families
- President Donald Trump (2nd place this year)
Having a group of people (specific or in general) in not super uncommon for TIME Magazine. There have been several over the last 25 years. Check out the last of past winners here.
[Source: CBS News]