Make This Tonight – Hawaiian Fajitas [RECIPE]
OH boy!! It's 72 degrees outside which means two things: I might have to leave a smidge early today to get out and enjoy the sunshine and also, I AM going to use my grill tonight. I actually used my grill last night and I wanted to share my recipe with you because it was so delicious.
- 2-3 lb flat iron steak
- 1 package McCormick Grill Mates Island Wood Fire Grill Marinade (oil, vinegar, water to prepare)
- 2 large yellow, red, and/or green bell peppers - sliced into strips
- 1 small yellow onion - sliced into thin strips
- 1 fresh pineapple - sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (you can use olive oil but I like the freshness of the coconut oil)
- flour tortilla shells
- cilantro, avocado (optional)
- Sour cream/BBQ - equal parts, mixed (optional)
- Prepare marinade per package directions. Marinade steak for at least an hour.
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees
- Grill steak - 6 minutes on each side (for medium-rare) at 450 degrees
- Rest steak for at least five minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large wok. Add in onion, pepper, pineapple and saute for 8-10 minutes until completely cooked through. Add salt/pepper while stirring.
- Cut steak into thin strips.
- Top tortilla shells with steak, onion, pepper, pineapple, cilantro and BBQ mix.
- Serve with rice.