How To Make A Yummy Savory Pie With Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
We have a TON of food left over from Thanksgiving and it is time to get creative on what to do with it. This is a great recipe that I used to make a yummy pie with all of our leftover tubs of food.
I love Shephard's Pie - this is very similar to that.
6 cups leftover stuffing
2 cups leftover shredded turkey (white and dark meat both work fine)
2 cups mashed potatoes
2 cups gravy or turkey stock
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a casserole pan or aluminum pan, spray with non-stick spray and begin to work the stuffing into the pan, forming a crust along the whole bottom of the dish and up the sides.
2. Bake the crust for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. While the crust is baking, in a saucepan, melt the butter and then add the flour. Cook the roux for 3 minutes to a golden blonde.
4. Slowly whisk in gravy and bring to a boil.
5. Add the turkey and season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the turkey mix into the crust.
7. Top with the mashed potatoes and then top with the cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for approximately 350 degrees for 20 minutes until the cheese melts.