Easy and Pretty Pineapple Upside Down Cake [Recipe]
Today is National Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day! Who comes up with these? Anyway, without realizing it was pineapple upside down cake day, I made a really yummy this one a couple of days ago as an incentive for my daughter to behave at daycare.
If you want to celebrate the day, it's easier than you think! Here's what I did to make the pretty dessert! And if you don't have a Bundt cake pan, I suggest you get one. It makes cutting and serving cake so much easier!
- 1 Box Yellow Cake with Ingredients to Make Yellow Cake to Box Directions (eggs, oil, water)
- 1 20 oz Can of Pineapple. I used crushed but you can use rings, chunks, or crushed.
- Maraschino Cherries
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Bundt cake pan
- First off, I preheated my oven to cake manufacturers directions. This particular cake was 350. I put the butter into my bundt cake pan and put it into the oven to melt.
- Then I made the yellow cake per manufactures directions. I substitute the oil with applesauce but that's up to you!
- When the butter was melted (about five minutes) I took the hot cake pan out of the oven. I sprayed it down with cooking spray and sprinkled the brown sugar around the bottom of the pan over the butter.
- Then I placed those cute little cherries along the grooves. I drained the pineapple and spread 3/4 of the can over the cherries and brown sugar. I carefully mixed the remaining pineapple into the batter. If you are using rings, make sure you chop them into small pieces first if you put them into your batter.
- Carefully pour cake batter over the pineapple.
- Bake per cake manufacture's directions for a Bundt cake.
- When the cake is done baking, let it cool for about 15-20 minutes. Place a plate over the bottom of the cake and flip the cake over onto the plate. Serve with icecream or whipped cream.
ENJOY!! NOM NOM NOM