Happy Blueberry Pie Day! Try This Delicious Recipe
According to people who know more than me, the blueberry is one of the best fruits you can eat. So as we celebrate National Blueberry Pie Day, feel free to try this recipe for a yummy in your tummy blueberry pie. It's been Stacey Godbold tested and approved!
- 4-5 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 8oz cream cheese
- pie crust (we used store bought)
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, water and cinnamon and cook for just a few minutes. Then add 1 cup of blueberries. Continue cooking until the mixture has thickened becomes clearer...this should only take about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Add remaining blueberries.
- You can bake your pie crust(s) while the above steps are taking place.
- Add cream cheese to the bottom of the pie crust(s). Pour the blueberry mixture into the crust and refrigerate.