Common Sense Reminders During This Flu Season
It's bad enough that we have to fight new flu bugs that are seemingly immune to our vaccinations. We shouldn't also have to worry about parents sending sick kids to school. Please parents, let's use some doggone common sense!
You know the school policy about fever and sick kids, right? In case you forgot..."a child must be fever free without medication for 24 hours before returning to school." Don't try to fool anybody parents...because your kids are ratting you out to their teachers. They tell them everything.
Here are a few simple, friendly reminders to help give our kiddos (and the rest of us) a fighting chance through this flu season.
- Stay home if you are sick...and keep your kid home if he/she is sick. DUH!
- Don't give your kids the purple medicine and send them to school thinking they are all better. By noon their fever is back and now they have infected the rest of the class. Teachers know this happens because, like I said, the kids tell them everything!
- I realize it can be a challenge and hassle to use sick/vacation days to stay home with a sick kid, but for the love of God, don't put the rest of the class at risk. Stay home and get your family healthy!
- You realize people are literally DYING from the flu, right? Take it seriously!
- When you see a grown-donkey woman post "This flu makes you want your momma" you know it's legit.